Tuesday 3 January 2012

Fur, stripes, burgundy

furstripesburgundy

furstripesburgundy2

furstripesburgundy3

Faux fur coat: vintage
Black and cream striped top: Zara
Burgundy chiffon skirt:American Apparel
Black boots: vintage
Necklaces: This Charming Girl and vintage
Brown leather bag: Ollie & Nic


Well, this is me actually keeping a new year's resolution. Generally, I'm against the whole concept of new years resolutions; the way I see it, if you want to change your life then do it now, don't wait until January. But I've been talking about starting a style blog for months and I thought the beginning of a new year would be a good place to start (finally). I decided on the name, created and designed the blog months ago but I guess I needed that extra push to actually start posting.

So hi everyone! I'm Ellie, I study graphic design in Manchester and I like clothes. Those are the basics and you'll learn everything else along the way.

Now, onto the outfit. This is what I wore to meet some family for coffee and then wander around the sales with my Mum. I think it'll become apparent within a few posts that I'm a sucker for breton stripes - blame it on my overexposure to French New Wave films. This skirt is one of my favourites too. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with American Apparel; it's really overpriced, not particularly good quality and the ads are really annoying. But I really love simple, plain coloured basics and they have literally every colour you could ever want. I got this on sale, there's no way I would have paid full price for it. Then there's my trusty vintage boots (the only waterproof shoes I own. Seriously.) and my faux fur coat because this is England in December and I don't have a death wish.

6 comments:

  1. Great outfit, really nice colour combination. I've got a serious love for brenton stripes too, I managed to find my perfect striped tee a few weeks ago and I've worn it a hell of a lot since.
    Sometimes you just feel like wear simple, clean-cut sort of outfits, especially on those days when you can barely get yourself out of bed!

    I agree with what you said about American Apparel's ad's. I remember we had a lecture about ad campaigns and a few AA ad's were shown. We all tried to guess what they were advertising but it was quite difficult due to the over sexualised photograph, I think it was socks or something like that! Although, it did all make us laugh though :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous outfit, your coat is amazing! Definitely get what you mean about AA but some of it's hard to resist, I love this skirt and it's a beautiful colour!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute outfit! I love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful coat &skirt looks magnificent. I follow you already, hugs.

    http://carolinesfashionaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely! French 60's sort of vibe! so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit!
    The coat and skirt are lovely.
    Jaz xo

    ReplyDelete