Friday 6 January 2012

Polka dots, navy, rust

polkadotsnavyrust

polkadotsnavyrust2

polkadotsnavyrust3

polkadotsnavyrust4

Navy polka dot blouse: vintage
Rust coloured wool skirt: Topshop
Tan tassel loafers: Russell and Bromley
Navy tights: New Look
Belt: vintage
Grey swing coat: Topshop
Necklaces: This Charming Girl, Urban Outfitters and vintage


Today I was told I look like a 1960s secretary. I immediately decided I was fine with this. Although, I don't really see it - surely a pencil skirt would be more appropriate if I was going for the whole 'Mad Men' look? But I'm not really into pencil skirts. I think they look amazing on some people but whenever I try one on I feel like I'm trying too hard to be sexy. I don't really 'do' sexy. My style usually fluctuates between a male 1940s film noir detective and a 9 year old girl. Actual grown up lady isn't really part of my arsenal.

I accidentally matched my nail polish to my outfit too - I love it when that happens.

Oh, and I just want to say thank you to anyone who's started following. I'm still really new to this kind of blogging but all your lovely comments have been really encouraging.

7 comments:

  1. The love the colours of your outfit, the skirt especially is gorgeous!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have amazing style, young lassie! I am not sure why I just called you a "young lassie" but I am not deleting it! I think paperbag waist skirts are a good alternative to pencil skirts, you have styled yours brilliantly! Imma follow you now, I can't wait to see more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous outfit, I'm loving your style :) I've always wanted a pair of the Russell and Bromley loafers.. the blouse is pretty too. Hehe I don't think I do grown very well either, I'm 25 but probably dress like a 5 year old at times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah I love this skirt! Looks much more warm and adequate for winter than the ones I've currently got. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit, the skirt is gorgeous!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is gorgeous, I love your loafers. I don't really do grown-up-lady either, I like to pretend I'm still a little girl when I get dressed.

    I love reading your posts, they're so articulate, it's refreshing to read.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. masturbation

    ReplyDelete